The Social Work Experience: An Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare introduces students to the social work profession and presents detailed descriptions of eight major fields of practice. The text provides in-depth information concerning major social welfare policies that are are presented in historical perspective, along with thorough discussion of current issues and probable future trends. Major case studies assist students in understanding how professional expertise can advance social-work practice and how enlightened social policies must be present if professional interventions are to be effective.
The first four chapters of the text introduce the social work profession, present theoretical perspectives on which professional practice is based, explore how the intersectionality of multiple factors impacts social justice issues, and then describe social policy issues in historical context. The following eight chapters describe eight major fields of practice along with the history of each one. A thorough and detailed case study begins each chapter, helping to illustrate social work practice in the respective field, and every chapter includes additional case studies to help students better understand the challenges involved in social work practice. The final chapter of the text explores the many probable challenges awaiting contemporary social workers given the social forces impacting society.
Also available packaged with MyLab Helping Professions
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab™ personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Helping Professions organizes all assignments around the CSWE EPAS for Social Work and CSHSE Standards for Human Services—enabling easy course alignment and reporting.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab , ask your instructor to confirm the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
013527303X / 9780135273036 The Social Work Experience: A Case-Based Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare plus MyLab Helping Professions with Enhanced eText -- Access Card Package, 7/e
Package consists of:
- 0134544854 / 9780134544854 Social Work Experience, The: A Case-Based Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare, 7/e
- 0135205638 / 9780135205631 MyLab Helping Professions with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card -- The Social Work Experience: A Case-Based Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare, 7/e
Table of contents
1. The Social Work Profession
2. Theoretical Perspectives for Social Workers
3. Social Justice, Poverty, and Diversity: The Intersectionality of Multiple Factors
4. Social Welfare Policy: Historical Perspectives
5. Family and Children’s Services
6. Social Work in Mental Health
7. Social Work in Health Care
8. Social Work in the Schools
9. Social Work with Alcohol and Substance Use Disorders
10. Social Work with Older Adults
11. Social Work in the Criminal Justice System
12. Developmental Disabilities and Social Work
13. The Social Work Profession Looks to the Future
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material