The completely updated "field manual" for becoming a better software architect!
The crucial skills you need to survive and thrive as an enterprise software architect! Fully updated for the latest techniques-from lightweight methods and architectural layers to Model-Driven Architecture and UML 2.0!
In this book, Raphael Malveau and Thomas J. Mowbray share up-to-the-minute insights and practical solutions for all the key challenges of building enterprise software systems with objects, components, and Internet technologies. You'll master today's best technical and business practices for the entire project lifecycle as you discover how to avoid crucial pitfalls and costly errors. Coverage includes:
- Choosing the right architectural model for your project
- Executing heavyweight and lightweight approaches to software architecture
- Understanding the architectural issues associated with open source development
- Managing complexity, scalability, reliability, security, latency, and flexibility
- Making the most of abstraction, refactoring, and architectural prototyping
- Leveraging proven design patterns and anti-patterns
- Effective prototyping, business-case development, and project leadership
- Coordinating smoothly with project managers and teams
- Managing your own career as a software architect
With hands-on exercises, real-life war stories, and a take-no-prisoners attitude, Software Architect Bootcamp, Second Edition, won't just help you become a great software architect: it'll help you become a true technical leader of your organization.
Table of contents
2. Military History.
3. Software Architecture: Basic Training.
4. Software Architecture: Going to War.
5. Software Architecture: Drill School.
6. Leadership Training.
7. Software Architecture: Jump School.
8. Communications Training.
9. Software Architecture: Intelligence Operations.
10. Software Architecture: Psychological Warfare.
11. Software Architecture: Career Advice.
Appendix A. Architecture Example: Test Results Reporting System.
Appendix B. Design Templates and Examples.
Appendix C. Glossary of Software Architecture Terminology.
Appendix D. Acronyms.
Appendix E. Bibliography.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material