NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in Introductory Statistics (algebra-based).
This package includes MyLab Statistics.
Gets students thinking statistically from the start
Stats: Modeling the World by Bock, Velleman, DeVeaux, and Bullard engages students by opening with practical data analysis and graphics. Chapters begin with new, motivating examples and follow through with analyses of the data; then, real-world examples provide a basis for sample problems and exercises.
The authors’ colloquial, approachable writing style reads unlike any other other statistics text. Their signature Think, Show, and Tell problem-solving method guides students through learning what we can find in data, why we find it interesting, and how to report it to others. Focused lessons are shorter than in most other texts, and are more manageable for both students and instructors. The 5th Edition extends the innovations of this acclaimed text, with important revisions and additions that support the teaching of Statistics and statistical thinking as it is practiced today.
Personalize learning with MyLab Statistics
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab Statistics personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. With MyLab Statistics and StatCrunch®, an integrated web-based statistical software program, students learn the skills they need to interact with data in the real world.
0135168473 / 9780135168479 Stats: Modeling the World Plus MyLab Statistics with Pearson eText - Access Card Package, 5/e
Package consists of:
- 0134685768 / 9780134685762 Stats: Modeling the World, 5/e
- 0134782917 / 9780134782911 MyLab Statistics with Pearson eText - Standalone Access Card - for Stats: Modeling the World
Table of contents
I. EXPLORING AND UNDERSTANDING DATA
1. Stats Starts Here
2. Displaying and Describing Categorical Data
3. Displaying and Summarizing Quantitative Data
4. Understanding and Comparing Distributions
5. The Standard Deviation as a Ruler and the Normal Model
Review of Part I: Exploring and Understanding Data
II. EXPLORING RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN VARIABLES
6. Scatterplots, Association, and Correlation
7. Linear Regression
8. Regression Wisdom
9. Re-expressing Data: Get It Straight!
Review of Part II: Exploring Relationships Between Variables
III. GATHERING DATA
10. Understanding Randomness
11. Sample Surveys
12. Experiments and Observational Studies
Review of Part III: Gathering Data
IV. RANDOMNESS AND PROBABILITY
13. From Randomness to Probability
14. Probability Rules!
15. Random Variables
16. Probability Models
Review of Part IV: Randomness and Probability
V. FROM THE DATA AT HAND TO THE WORLD AT LARGE
17. Sampling Distribution Models
18. Confidence Intervals for Proportions
19. Testing Hypotheses About Proportions
20. More About Tests and Intervals
21. Comparing Two Proportions
Review of Part V: From the Data at Hand to the World at Large
VI. LEARNING ABOUT THE WORLD
22. Inferences About Means
23. Comparing Means
24. Paired Samples and Blocks
Review of Part VI: Learning About the World
VII. INFERENCE WHEN VARIABLES ARE RELATED
25. Comparing Counts
26. Inferences for Regression
Review of Part VII: Inference When Variables Are Related
27. Analysis of Variance*–online
28. Multiple Regression*–online
A. Selected Formulas
B. Guide to Statistical Software
D. Photo and Text Acknowledgments
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material