Strategic Compensation: A Human Resource Management Approach, 10th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
For courses in strategic compensation.
This ISBN is for the bound textbook, which students can rent through their bookstore.
Connecting art and science in compensation practices
Strategic Compensation: A Human Resource Management Approach demonstrates the art and science of compensation practice and its role in a company’s competitive advantage. Through focused activities and supporting course material, students build a solid foundation to become proficient compensation professionals. The 10th Edition focuses on the context of compensation practice, the criteria used to compensate employees, compensation system design issues, employee benefits, the challenges of compensating key strategic employee groups, and pay and benefits around the world. With this text, students gain the knowledge and skills they need to assume the role of successful compensation professionals in the field.
This title is also available digitally as a standalone Pearson eText, or via MyLab Management, which includes the Pearson eText. These options give students affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed.
Table of contents
PART I: SETTING THE STAGE FOR STRATEGIC COMPENSATION
1. Strategic Compensation: A Component of Human Resource Systems
2. Contextual Influences on Compensation Practice
PART: II BASES FOR PAY
3. Traditional Bases for Pay: Seniority and Merit
4. Incentive Pay
5. Person-Focused Pay
PART III: DESIGNING COMPENSATION SYSTEMS
6. Building Internally Consistent Compensation Systems
7. Building Market-Competitive Compensation Systems
8. Building Pay Structures that Recognize Employee Contributions
PART IV: EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
9. Discretionary Benefits
10. Legally Required Benefits
PART V: CONTEMPORARY STRATEGIC COMPENSATION CHALLENGES
11. Compensating Executives
12. Compensating the Flexible Workforce: Contingent Employees and Flexible Work Schedules
PART VI: COMPENSATION ISSUES AROUND THE WORLD
13. Compensating Expatriates
14. Pay and Benefits outside the United States
Epilogue: Challenges Facing Compensation Professionals
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (February 1st 2019) - Copyright © 2020