Streamlined Object Modeling: Patterns, Rules, and Implementation, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
- A rigorous and practical framework for modeling business systems
- Pares object modeling down to its core concepts, making it easier than ever.
- Twelve object collaboration patterns that address virtually any business scenario
- Powerful techniques–not fancy notation!
Streamlined Object Modeling presents the first rigorous, practical framework for object modeling complex business domains, rules, and systems. Three world-renowned leaders in object development have pared object modeling down to the core concepts for all business domains, business rules, and business services. Starting from the first principles of "object think," the authors offer a fully integrated approach to building, validating, and critiquing object models. Coverage includes:
- Proven principles and techniques for successfully modeling the structure and operations of any business domain.
- Guidelines for finding and associating objects, assembling object models, and distributing system behavior among objects.
- Rigorous methods for discovering, organizing, and implementing business rules around objects.
- Twelve all-encompassing "collaboration patterns"–what they represent, how they relate, and how to apply them.
- Five kinds of business rules, three types of services, and six categories of properties completely specify object-oriented business requirements
From start to finish, the book makes extensive use of examples drawn from real commercial applications. To illustrate how streamlined object modeling flows from analysis to code, it also presents a complete case study derived from a real-world application, and implemented in two leading object-oriented languages-Java, and the Squeak implementation of Smalltalk.
Table of contents
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (September 21st 2001) - Copyright © 2002