Student Teacher to Master Teacher: A Practical Guide for Educating Students with Special Needs, 4th edition
Published by Pearson (April 27th 2005) - Copyright © 2006
Now, more than ever, special education teachers are facing bigger challenges in becoming reflective, certified professionals. The fourth edition of Student Teacher to Master Teacher: A Practical Guide for Educating Students with Special Needs provides teachers with immediate survival and success skills in understanding the laws, planning and assessing instruction, managing the classroom, and organizing paperwork associated with being a teacher working with students with special needs.
New or enhanced coverage in the fourth edition:
- “On the Job” preparation applications and activities to prepare teachers for a career in Special Education:
- A Professional Glimpse provides case studies demonstrating real-life situations.
- Pause and Reflect About the Profession encourages teacher professionals to critically think about their roles and responsibilities as special education teachers.
- Point and Click About the Profession offers technology resources and information for novice special education teachers.
- Information from the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) Common Core Standards demonstrate the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective teacher working with students with special needs.
This practical guide is a resource to maintain during a teacher’s professional journey. Providing realistic and rigorous field experiences balanced with research-based content activities, Student Teacher to Master Teacher: A Practical Guide for Educating Students with Special Needs “bridges the gap” between methods, student teaching, and being an effective and successful special education teacher.
Table of contents
1. Field Experiences with Students with Mild to Moderate Disabilities.
2. Legal Aspects of Special Education.
3. Setting Up for Instruction.
4. Classroom Assessment Practices for Instruction.
5. Planning for Instruction.
6. Delivering Instruction.
7. The Paperwork.
8. Positive Behavior Management and Support: Promoting Discipline and Self-Control.
9. Student and Family Transitions.
10. Collaborative Programming and Consultation.
11. The Master Teacher.
Appendix A: CEC Code of Ethics and Standards for Professional Practice for Special Educators.
Appendix B: CEC Knowledge and Skill Standards Common Core.
Appendix C: Table of Contents Linked to CEC Common Core Standards.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material