Supervision of Police Personnel, 9th edition
Published by Pearson (May 9th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
Supervision of Police Personnel (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780135209288Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Supervision of Police Personnel
ISBN-13: 9780135186237Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
For courses in police administration, management, and supervision.
The oft-cited “bible of police supervision”
Longtime best-selling Supervision of Police Personnel addresses the essential knowledge, skills, and characteristics every professional law enforcement supervisor and manager should have. This authority in the field examines what it takes to move from officer to supervisor; key supervisory responsibilities such as training, coaching, and counseling; and dealing with citizen complaints, problem employees, and tactical deployment of field forces in critical situations. The 9th edition features extensive revisions, including two new chapters: “Legal Knowledge Every Supervisor and Manager Should Have” (Chapter 14) and “Other Important Supervisory and Management Topics” (Chapter 15).
Table of contents
1. The Supervisor’s Role
2. The Supervisor’s Function in Organization, Administration, and Management
3. Leadership, Supervision, and Command Presence
4. The Training Function: Problems and Approaches to the Instructional Process
5. Interpersonal Communications
6. Principles of Employee Interviewing
7. Some Psychological Aspects of Supervision
8. Special Problems in Counseling and Remediation
9. Employee Dissatisfaction and Grievances
10. Discipline: Principles, Policies, and Practices
11. Personnel Complaint Investigation Procedures and Techniques
12. Personnel Evaluation Systems and Performance Rating Standards
13. Tactical Deployment of Field Forces
14. Legal Knowledge Every Supervisor and Manager Should Have
15. Other Important Supervisory and Management Topics
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material