NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in the Principles of Economics.
This package includes MyEconLab®.
Introduces Readers to the Basic Concepts of Economics with Timely, Engaging Stories and ApplicationsReaders hoping to gain a better understanding of economics and the world around them often leave with their questions unanswered. Survey of Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools is built upon the author’s philosophy of using the basic concepts of economics to explain a wide variety of timely, engaging, real-world economic applications.
The Seventh Edition incorporates updated figures and data, while also emphasizing current topics of interest–including the severe economic downturn of recent years and the latest developments in economic thinking. It also includes newly refined Learning Objectives that introduce the concepts explored in each chapter, along with new applications and chapter-opening stories related to the most up-to-date developments in economics. Covering both macroeconomics and microeconomics in one concise paperback volume, this book shows readers how to think and act like an economist by showing them how to use economic concepts in their everyday lives and careers.
Personalize Learning with MyEconLab
MyEconLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage readers and improve results. Within its structured environment, readers practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
0134424050 / 9780134424057 Survey of Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools Plus MyEconLab with Pearson eText (1-semester access) -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0134062566 / 9780134062563 MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Survey of Economics: Principles, Applications and Tools
- 0134089030 / 9780134089034 Survey of Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools
Table of contents
1. Introduction: What is Economics?
2. Key Principles of Economics
3. Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium
4. Elasticity: A Measure of Responsiveness
5. Production Technology and Cost
6. Perfect Competition
7. Monopoly and Price Discrimination
8. Market Entry, Monopolistic Competition, and Oligopoly
9. Market Failure: Imperfect Information, External Benefits, and External Costs
10. The Labor Market and the Distribution of Income
11. Measuring a Nation’s Production and Income
12. Unemployment and Inflation
13. Why Do Economies Grow?
14. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply
15. Fiscal Policy
16. Money and the Banking System
17. Monetary Policy and Inflation
18. International Trade and Finance
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material