Survey of Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools, 8th edition
Digital book that you can read instantly
Pearson eText Survey of Economics: Principles, Applications and Tools -- Instant Access
Pearson course ID or link in LMS required
MyLab Economics with Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Survey of Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools
- Instant Access
Hardcover, paperback, or loose-leaf
Survey of Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools [RENTAL EDITION]
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in the principles of economics.
This ISBN is for the MyLab access card. Pearson eText is included.
Introduces students to the basic concepts of economics with engaging stories and timely applications
Students enter their first economics course hoping to gain a better understanding of the world around them, but often leave with their questions unanswered. Survey of Economics: Principles, Applications, and Tools is built upon the authors’ philosophy of using basic concepts of economics to explain a wide variety of relevant, current, and engaging economic applications. The 8th Edition incorporates the latest economic developments and timely applications throughout, such as the impact of Bitcoin on monetary policy and the opportunity cost of hosting an AirBnB. By making every chapter accessible and applied, students develop an understanding of core principles that they will use as citizens and consumers, now and in their careers.
Personalize learning with MyLab Economics
By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student.
Table of contents
1. Introduction: What Is Economics?
2. Key Principles of Economics
3. Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium
4. Elasticity: A Measure of Responsiveness
5. Production Technology and Cost
6. Perfect Competition
7. Monopoly and Price Discrimination
8. Market Entry, Monopolistic Competition, and Oligopoly
9. Market Failure: Imperfect Information, External Benefits, and External Costs
10. The Labor Market and the Distribution of Income
11. Measuring a Nation’s Production and Income
12. Unemployment and Inflation
13. Why Do Economies Grow?
14. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply
15. Fiscal Policy
16. Money and the Banking System
17. Monetary Policy and Inflation
18. International Trade and Finance
Published by Pearson (July 19th 2019) - Copyright © 2020