Teaching Children Science: A Discovery Approach, 9th edition
Pearson eText Teaching Children Science: A Discovery Approach -- Instant Access
What's included with eText?
Pearson eText is an affordable, easy-to-use digital textbook. Read it on your computer, or download the mobile app to study on the go.
Study anytime, anywhere
Search by keyword or page number
Add notes and highlights
Teaching Children Science includes everything you'll need to effectively teach beginning science. You'll learn how to inspire children to experience science through the joys and challenges of inquiry and discovery. Topics include earth, space, life and the physical sciences.
Table of contents
PART ONE: Strategies and Techniques
1. Inquiry: The Path; Discovery: The Destination
2. Science Practices and Inquiry Process Skills
3. Planning Units and Lessons
4. Creating Environments for Discovery
5. Assessment of Understanding and Inquiry
6. Integrating Science and Engineering
PART TWO: Content Knowledge for Earth/Space Sciences, Life Sciences, and Physical Sciences
7. Earth and Space Science
8. The Cosmos
9. Living Things
10. The Human Body
11. Matter and Motion
12. Energy, Technology/Engineering
Published by Pearson (April 16th 2018) - Copyright © 2019