Teaching Language Arts: A Student-Centered Classroom, 7th edition
Published by Pearson (June 19th 2013) - Copyright © 2014
You'll get a bound printed text.
Substantially updated and reorganized to reflect current issues and development in teaching language arts, this new Seventh Edition gives readers:
- Integrated Teaching with Literature features that provides a framework for planning standards-based teaching linked to the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts.
- Engaging English Learners boxes with specific ideas for teaching English learners.
- Media and Technology boxes that help connect chapter content to current technology standards and practices.
- Two new Assessment Toolboxes.
- A new Chapter 12, Reading and Writing Literary Texts.
- A new Chapter 13, Reading and Writing Informational Texts.
Table of contents
- Language Arts: Learning and Teaching
- Language Arts: Assessing and Differentiating Instruction
- Integrated Teaching with Literature
- Language Development and Emergent Literacy
- Engaging English Learners
- Speaking and Listening
- Viewing and Visually Representing
- Grammar, Punctuation, and Handwriting
- Reading and Writing Literary Texts
- Reading and Writing Informational Texts
Appendix: A Month-by-Month Guide to Integrated Teaching with Literature
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material