Teaching Students Who are Exceptional, Diverse, and At Risk in the General Educational Classroom, 7th edition
Published by Pearson (March 7th 2018) - Copyright © 2018
A digital platform that offers help when and where you need it, lets you focus your study time, and provides practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
You'll get a bound printed text.
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for MyLab and Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Provides the practical tools and strategies teachers need to meet the diverse academic and social needs of all students.
Teaching Students Who Are Exceptional, Diverse, and at Risk in the General Education Classroom is the ideal guide for classroom teachers who identify students with special needs as both their greatest challenges and often their greatest rewards. With its numerous learning activities and sample lessons—plus stories from teachers, students, and parents—it strongly focuses on applying practical, proven strategies for effective teaching and learning. The authors go above and beyond simply describing curriculum adaptations by providing step-by-step procedures for implementing those adaptations in the actual classroom. After reading this book, pre- and in-service teachers alike are armed with the tools and confidence they need to effectively meet their students’ diverse academic, behavioral, and social needs.
Personalize learning with MyLab™ Education
MyLab Education is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with the text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students see key concepts demonstrated through video clips, practice what they learn, test their understanding, and receive feedback to guide their learning.
0134995724 / 9780134995724 Teaching Students Who are Exceptional, Diverse, and At Risk in the General Education Classroom, plus MyLab Education with Enhanced Pearson eText, Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0134895096 / 9780134895093 Teaching Students Who are Exceptional, Diverse, and At Risk in the General Educational Classroom
0134574370 / 9780134574370 MyLab Education with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Teaching Students Who are Exceptional, Diverse, and At Risk in the General Education Classroom
Table of contents
1. Special Education and Inclusive Schooling
2. Response to Intervention and Multitiered Systems of Support: Developing Success for All Learners
3. Communicating and Collaborating with Other Professionals and Families
4. Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students
5. Promoting Social Acceptance and Managing Student Behavior
6. Teaching Students with Learning Disabilities and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
7. Teaching Students with Communication Disorders
8. Teaching Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
9. Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders/Pervasive Developmental Disorders
10. Teaching Students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
11. Teaching Students with Lower-Incidence Disabilities
12. Differentiating Instruction and Assessment for All Learners
13. Promoting Content Learning through the Teaching and Learning Connection
14. Facilitating Reading
15. Facilitating Writing
16. Helping All Students Succeed in Mathematics
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material