Teaching Today's Health, 10th edition
Published by Pearson (February 20th 2012) - Copyright © 2013
Teaching Today’s Health, Tenth Edition, balances comprehensive theory with a wealth of effective classroom activities to give you the tools you need to become successful health educators.
This book’s strong background and depth in teaching methods prepares you for the challenges of today’s teaching environment.
Meaningful content enhancements include expanded coverage of bullying and obesity, body systems, and substance abuse and a new Creativity in the Classroom feature and an Index of Strategies).
Important currency updates include a significantly updated nutrition chapter with new MyPlate and 2010 Dietary Guidelines and more technology coverage.
Helpful Companion Website include all Worksheets available in PDF form, for easy copying to hand out to students in class, and a new easy-to-reference Glossary.
Table of contents
1. The Need for Health Education
2. The Role of the Teacher in Coordinated School Health Programs
3. Planning for Health Instruction
4. Strategies for Implementing Health Instruction
5. Measurement and Evaluation of Health Education
6. Mental Health and Stress Reduction
7. Strategies for Teaching Mental Health and Stress Reduction
8. Body Systems
9. Personal Health
10. Strategies for Teaching Body Systems and Personal Health
11. Sexuality Education
12. Strategies for Teaching Sexuality Education
13. Substance Use and Abuse
14. Strategies for Teaching About Substance Use and Abuse
15. Infectious and Noninfectious Conditions
16. Strategies for Teaching About Infectious and Noninfectious Conditions
18. Strategies for Teaching Nutrition
19. Injuries: Accident and Violence Prevention
20. Strategies for Teaching About Injuries: Accident and Violence Prevention
21. Consumer Health
22. Strategies for Teaching Consumer Health
23. Aging, Dying, and Death
24. Strategies for Teaching About Aging, Dying, and Death
25. Environmental Health
26. Strategies for Teaching Environmental Health
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material