Published by Pearson (February 18th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
What’s included with eText?
Pearson eText is an affordable, easy-to-use digital textbook. Read it on your computer, or download the mobile app to study on the go.
Study anytime, anywhere
Add notes and highlights
Search by keyword or page number
Renew your access
Technology in Action Complete provides hands-on projects to give you practice with basic-to-advanced computing skills you can apply at work, in class, or at home.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook that you can read online or offline. Make it your own by adding highlights and notes, and learn on the go with the mobile app. At the end of your subscription, you can opt to renew access to your eText and personalized notes.
Table of contents
1. The Impact of Technology in a Changing World
2. Looking at Computers: Understanding the Parts
3. Using the Internet: Making the Most of the Web’s Resources
4. Application Software: Programs That Let You Work and Play
5. System Software: The Operating System, Utility Programs, and File Management
6. Understanding and Assessing Hardware: Evaluating Your System
7. Networking: Connecting Computing Devices
8. Managing Your Digital Lifestyle: Challenges and Ethics
9. Securing Your System: Protecting Your Digital Data and Devices
10. Behind the Scenes: Software Programming
11. Behind the Scenes: Databases and Information Systems
12. Behind the Scenes: Networking and Security in the Business World
13. Behind the Scenes: How the Internet Works
A. The History of the Personal Computer
B. Careers in IT
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material