For introductory courses in computer concepts, digital literacy, or computer literacy, often including instruction in Microsoft Office.
Explore, discover, and experience technology with the interactive and adaptive Technology in Action—the book that uses technology to teach technology! This book offers a learning system that pushes the envelope of what is possible in technology, and what is helpful in teaching. Although students are more comfortable with the digital environment than ever, their knowledge of the devices they use every day is still limited. The authors focus on tasks that students can accomplish with their devices, and skills they can apply immediately in the workplace, the classroom, and at home. This book fits the way students are learning today.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyITLab does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyITLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information
Table of contents
2. Looking at Computers: Understanding the Parts
3. Using the Internet: Making the Most of the Web’s Resources
4. Application Software: Programs That Let You Work and Play
5. System Software: The Operating System, Utility Programs, and File Management
6. Understanding and Assessing Hardware: Evaluating Your System
7. Networking: Connecting Computing Devices
8. Digital Devices and Media: Managing a Digital Lifestyle
9. Securing Your System: Protecting Your Digital Data and Devices
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material