The American Journey: A History of the United States, Volume 1 (To 1877), 8th edition
Published by Pearson (May 10th 2016) - Copyright © 2017
American Journey, The: A History of the United States, Volume 1 (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780134103266Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Revel for The American Journey: A History of the United States, Volume 1 (To 1877) -- Instant Access
- Instant Access
Instant digital access to Revel. To register, you'll need a course invite link from your instructor.
The American Journey: A History of the United States, Volume 1 To 1877 [RENTAL EDITION]
A soft-bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
REVEL™ for The American Journey: A History of the United States traces the journeys — geographical, ideological, political, and social — that make up the American experience. Harnessing the stories of individuals from different eras, the authors present a strong, clear narrative that makes American history accessible to students. Offering a blend of political and social histories, REVEL for the Eighth Edition continues to show that our attempt to live up to our American ideals is an ongoing journey — one that has become increasingly more inclusive of different groups and ideas.
REVEL is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, REVEL replaces the textbook and gives students everything they need for the course. Informed by extensive research on how people read, think, and learn, REVEL is an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience — for less than the cost of a traditional textbook.
NOTE: REVEL is a fully digital delivery of Pearson content. This ISBN is for the standalone REVEL access card. In addition to this access card, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use REVEL.
Table of contents
2. Transplantation and Adaptation, 1600–1685
3. A Meeting of Cultures
4. English Colonies in an Age of Empire, 1660s–1763
5. Imperial Breakdown, 1763–1774
6. The War for Independence, 1774–1783
7. The First Republic, 1776–1789
8. A New Republic and the Rise of Parties, 1789–1800
9. The Triumph and Collapse of Jeffersonian Republicanism, 1800–1824
10. The Jacksonian Era, 1824–1845
11. Slavery and the Old South, 1800–1860
12. The Market Revolution and Social Reform, 1815–1850
13. The Way West, 1815–1850
14. The Politics of Sectionalism, 1846–1861
15. Battle Cries and Freedom Songs: The Civil War, 1861–1865
16. Reconstruction, 1865–1877
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material