The Heritage of World Civilizations, Combined Volume, 10th edition
Published by Pearson (August 3rd 2016) - Copyright © 2016
The Heritage of World Civilizations, Combined Volume (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780133844597Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Revel for The Heritage of World Civilizations, Combined Volume -- Instant Access
- Instant Access
Instant digital access to Revel. To register, you'll need a course invite link from your instructor.
The Heritage of World Civilizations, Combined Volume [RENTAL EDITION]
A soft-bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
REVEL is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, REVEL offers an immersive learning experience designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn. Enlivening course content with media interactives and assessments, REVEL empowers educators to increase engagement with the course, and to better connect with students.
NOTE: REVEL is a fully digital delivery of Pearson content. This ISBN is for the standalone REVEL access card. In addition to this access card, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use REVEL.
Table of contents
1. The Birth of Civilization
2. Four Great Revolutions in Thought and Religion
Part 2: Empires and Cultures of the Ancient World, 1000 B.C.E. to 500 C.E.
3. Greek and Hellenistic Civilization
4. West Asia, Inner Asia, and South Asia to 1000 B.C.E. to 500 C.E.
5. Africa: Early History to 1000 C.E.
6. Republican and Imperial Rome
7. China's First Empire, 221 B.C.E. - 589 C.E.
Part 3: Consolidation and Interaction of World Civilizations, 500 C.E. to 1500 C.E.
8. Imperial China, 589—1368
9. Early Japanese History
10. The Formation of Islamic Civilization, 622—1000
11. The Byzantine Empire and Western Europe to 1000
12. The Islamic World, 1000-1500
13 Ancient Civilizations of the Americas
14. Africa, ca. 1000—1700
15. Europe to the Early 1500s: Revival, Decline, and Renaissance
Part 4: The World in Transition, 1500—1850
16. Europe, 1500—1650: Expansion, Reformation, and Religious Wars
17. Conquest and Exploitation: The Development of the Transatlantic Economy 18. East Asia in the Late Traditional Era
19. State Building and Society in Early Modern Europe
20. The Last Great Islamic Empires, 1500—1800
Part 5: Enlightenment and Revolution in the Atlantic World, 1700—1850
21. The Age of European Enlightenment
22. Revolutions in the Transatlantic World
23. Political Consolidation in Nineteenth Century Europe and North America
Part 6: Into the Modern World, 1815—1949
24. Northern Transatlantic Economy and Society, 1815—1914
25. Latin America from Independence to the 1940s
26. India, the Islamic Heartlands, and Africa, 1800—1945
27. Modern East Asia
Part 7: Global Conflict and Change, 1900—Present
28. Imperialism and World War I
29. Depression, European Dictators, and the American New Deal
30. World War II
31. The West since World War II
32. East Asia: The Recent Decades
33. Postcolonialism and Beyond: Latin America, Africa, Asia, and the Middle East
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material