The Law and Special Education, 5th edition
Published by Pearson (July 6th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
The Law and Special Education (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780135178324Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
The Law and Special Education
ISBN-13: 9780135175361Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
The Law and Special Education with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
ISBN-13: 9780135175002Includes: Paperback
You'll get a bound printed text.
The Law and Special Education -- Enhanced Pearson eText
ISBN-13: 9780135178874Includes: Instant Access
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in Special Education Law.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText.
Help educators understand the historical and current legal issues in special education
The Law and Special Education helps teachers and educational administrators understand their legal obligations relative to providing a free, appropriate public education for students with disabilities. Clear, straightforward, and very accessible, this indispensable resource (1) walks readers through the history and current developments of special education law and (2) gives educators the information and the tools they need to develop legally sound and educationally appropriate special education programs.
The 5th Edition is updated to keep readers informed of the latest developments and refinements in special education law, including:
- the Supreme Court rulings in the Endrew F. v. Douglas County Schools and Fry v. Napoleon Community Schools cases;
- new U.S. Department of Education policy letters and cases;
- updated coverage of the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015;
- new coverage of charter schools and students with disabilities;
- IEP implementation cases; and a new section on standards-based IEP.
The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. Real court cases and sets of questions help readers summarize, understand, and reflect on key legal decisions.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
**The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0135175003 / 9780135175002 The Law and Special Education with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 5/e
Package consists of:
- 0135175364 / 9780135175361 The Law and Special Education, 5/e
- 013517838X / 9780135178386 The Law and Special Education, Pearson eText -- Access Card, 5/e
Table of contents
- Introduction to the American Legal System
- Legal Research
- The History of the Law and Children with Disabilities
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Elementary and Secondary Education Act
- Free Appropriate Public Education
- Identification, Assessment, and Evaluation
- The Individualized Education Program
- Least Restrictive Environment
- Procedural Safeguards
- Disciplining Students with Disabilities
- Additional Issues: Bullying, Charter Schools, Response to Intervention, Educational Records, and Liability for Student Injury
Appendix A: Major Changes of IDEA 2004
Appendix B: Relevant Sections of the U.S. Constitution
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material