The Mind and Heart of the Negotiator, 7th edition
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2019) - Copyright © 2020
Pearson eText The Mind and Heart of the Negotiator -- Instant Access
ISBN-13: 9780135641262Includes: eText (12-month access)
Pearson eText is an affordable, easy-to-use digital textbook that helps you keep learning — no matter where life takes you.
The Mind and Heart of the Negotiator [RENTAL EDITION]
A soft-bound printed text you can rent, fulfilled by Chegg. At the end of the rental period, you can choose to keep the text for a flat fee.
For undergraduate and graduate-level business courses that cover the skills of negotiation.
This ISBN is for the bound textbook, which students can rent through their bookstore.
Delve into the mind and heart of the negotiator to enhance your negotiation skills
The Mind and Heart of the Negotiator is dedicated to individuals who want to improve their ability to negotiate -- whether in multimillion-dollar business deals or personal interactions. This text explains what to do and what to avoid at the bargaining table, facilitated by an integration of theory, scientific research, and real-world application. The 7th Edition contains new or updated exercises, statistics, and examples from business, politics, and personal life spanning the globe to illustrate effective, as well as ineffective, negotiation skills. Armed with these, students will be ready to improve their relational as well as economic outcomes.
This title is also available digitally as a standalone Pearson eText. This option gives students affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed.
Table of contents
PART I: NEGOTIATION ESSENTIALS
1. Negotiation: The Mind and the Heart
2. Preparation: What to Do Before Negotiation
3. Distributive Negotiation: Claiming Value
4. Integrative Negotiation: Expanding the Pie
PART II: NEGOTIATION SKILLS
5. Understanding Personality and Motivation
6. Managing Emotions and Contentious Negotiations
7. Establishing Trust and Building Relationships
8. Power, Ethics, & Reputation
9. Creativity, Problem-Solving, and Learning in Negotiation
PART III: COMPLEX NEGOTIATIONS
10. Multiple Parties, Coalitions, and Teams
11. Cross-Cultural Negotiation
12. Negotiating in a Virtual World
Appendix 1: Negotiating a Job Offer
Appendix 2: Third-Party Intervention
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material