The Mind and Heart of the Negotiator, 7th edition
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2019) - Copyright © 2020
What’s included with eText?
Pearson eText is an affordable, easy-to-use digital textbook that helps you keep learning — no matter where life takes you.
Study anytime, anywhere
Add notes and highlights
Search by keyword or page number
Renew your access
The Mind and Heart of the Negotiator explains what to do and what to avoid at the bargaining table — whether in multimillion-dollar business deals or personal interactions.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook that you can read online or offline. Make it your own by adding highlights and notes, and learn on the go with the mobile app. At the end of your subscription, you can opt to renew access to your eText and personalized notes.
Table of contents
PART I: NEGOTIATION ESSENTIALS
1. Negotiation: The Mind and the Heart
2. Preparation: What to Do Before Negotiation
3. Distributive Negotiation: Claiming Value
4. Integrative Negotiation: Expanding the Pie
PART II: NEGOTIATION SKILLS
5. Understanding Personality and Motivation
6. Managing Emotions and Contentious Negotiations
7. Establishing Trust and Building Relationships
8. Power, Ethics, & Reputation
9. Creativity, Problem-Solving, and Learning in Negotiation
PART III: COMPLEX NEGOTIATIONS
10. Multiple Parties, Coalitions, and Teams
11. Cross-Cultural Negotiation
12. Negotiating in a Virtual World
Appendix 1: Negotiating a Job Offer
Appendix 2: Third-Party Intervention
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material