The Philosopher's Way: Thinking Critically About Profound Ideas, 5th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
REVEL for The Philosopher’s Way inspires students to think like philosophers, helping them to become more accomplished critical thinkers and to develop the analytical tools needed to think philosophically about important issues. The text is comprised of readings from major philosophical texts, which are accompanied by commentary from author John Chaffee to guide students in their understanding of the topics. Organized by questions central to the main branches of philosophy, REVEL for The Philosopher’s Way examines the ideas of philosophers past and present.
REVEL is Pearson’s newest way of delivering our respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, REVEL offers an immersive learning experience designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn. Enlivening course content with media interactives and assessments, REVEL empowers educators to increase engagement with the course, and to better connect with students.
NOTE: REVEL is a fully digital delivery of Pearson content. This ISBN is for the standalone REVEL access card. In addition to this access card, you will need a course invite link, provided by your instructor, to register for and use REVEL.
Table of contents
2. What Is the Philosopher’s Way? Socrates and the Examined Life
3. Who Are You? Consciousness, Identity, and the Self
4. Are You Free? Freedom and Determinism
5. How Can We Know the Nature of Reality? Philosophical Foundations
6. What Is Real? What is True? Further Explorations
7. Is There a Spiritual Reality? Exploring the Philosophy of Religion
8. Are There Moral Truths? Thinking About Ethics
9. What Are Right Actions? Constructing an Ethical Theory
10. What is Social Justice? Creating a Just State
Supplemental Chapter: Aesthetics
Published by Pearson (June 5th 2015) - Copyright © 2016