The second Canadian edition of The Practical Guide to Writing with Readings and Handbook is designed for use in university and college courses in which essay writing is required. It enhances the learning process for students by providing insight as they write. The student who is looking for information about choosing a topic, writing an analysis, constructing a paragraph, or even using a semicolon will find this guide indispensable.
Table of contents
TABLE OF CONTENTS
I. AN OVERVIEW OF THE WRITING PROCESS.
1. Discovering Ideas.
2. Drafting and Revising.
3. Shaping Paragraphs.
4. Revising Sentences for Conciseness.
5. Revising Sentences for Clarity.
6. Revising Sentences for Emphasis.
7. The Writer's Voice.
II. THE WRITERS MATERIALS AND STRATEGIES.
8. Analytic Thinking and Writing.
III. SOME FORMS OF ACADEMIC WRITING.
13. Outlining and Summarizing.
16. Writing a Research Essay.
17. Documenting a Research Essay.
18. Writing about Literature.
19. Writing Essay Examination.
IV. A WRITER'S HANDBOOK.
22. Manuscript Form.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material