The Science of Nutrition, 5th edition
Pearson eText The Science of Nutrition -- Instant Access
What's included with eText?
Pearson eText is an affordable, easy-to-use digital textbook. Read it on your computer, or download the mobile app to study on the go.
Study anytime, anywhere
Search by keyword or page number
Add notes and highlights
The Science of Nutrition organizes and presents vitamins and minerals based on their functions within the body, helping you master nutrition concepts and move beyond memorization.
Table of contents
1. The Science of Nutrition: Linking Food, Function, and Health
2. Designing a Healthful Diet
3. The Human Body: Are We Really What We Eat?
4. Carbohydrates: Plant-Derived Energy Nutrients
4.5. In Depth: Alcohol
5. Lipids: Essential Energy-Supplying Nutrients
6. Proteins: Crucial Components of All Body Tissues
7. Metabolism: From Food to Life
7.5. In Depth: Vitamins and Minerals: Micronutrients with Macro Powers
8. Nutrients Involved in Energy Metabolism
9. Nutrients Involved in Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
10. Nutrients Involved in Antioxidant Function and Vision
10.5 In Depth: The Safety and Effectiveness of Dietary Supplements
11. Nutrients Involved in Bone Health
12. Nutrients Involved in Blood Health and Immunity
13. Achieving and Maintaining a Healthful Body Weight
14. Nutrition and Physical Activity: Keys to Good Health
14.5 In Depth: Disorders Related to Body Image, Eating, and Exercise
15. Food Safety and Technology: Protecting Our Food
16. Food Equity, Sustainability, and Quality: The Challenge of "Good" Food
17. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: Pregnancy and the First Year of Life
18. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: Childhood and Adolescence
19. Nutrition Through the Life Cycle: The Later Years
Published by Pearson (January 1st 2019) - Copyright © 2020