NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book.
Learn how social workers use their professional expertise to assist people.
The Social Work Experience: An Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare introduces students to the social work profession and presents detailed descriptions of eight major fields of practice. The text provides in-depth information concerning major social welfare policies that are are presented in historical perspective, along with thorough discussion of current issues and probable future trends. Major case studies assist students in understanding how professional expertise can advance social-work practice and how enlightened social policies must be present if professional interventions are to be effective.
The first four chapters of the text introduce the social work profession, present theoretical perspectives on which professional practice is based, explore how the intersectionality of multiple factors impacts social justice issues, and then describe social policy issues in historical context. The following eight chapters describe eight major fields of practice along with the history of each one. A thorough and detailed case study begins each chapter, helping to illustrate social work practice in the respective field, and every chapter includes additional case studies to help students better understand the challenges involved in social work practice. The final chapter of the text explores the many probable challenges awaiting contemporary social workers given the social forces impacting society.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134290097 / 9780134290096 The Social Work Experience: A Case-Based Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare, Enhanced Pearson eText –Access Card Package, 7th Edition
Package consists of:
- 0134544862 / 9780134544861 The Social Work Experience: A Case-Based Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card, 7th Edition
- 0134544854 / 9780134544854 The Social Work Experience: A Case-Based Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare, bound book, 7th Edition
Table of contents
1. The Social Work Profession
2. Theoretical Perspectives for Social Workers
3. Social Justice, Poverty, and Diversity: The Intersectionality of Multiple Factors
4. Social Welfare Policy: Historical Perspectives
5. Family and Children’s Services
6. Social Work in Mental Health
7. Social Work in Health Care
8. Social Work in the Schools
9. Social Work with Alcohol and Substance Use Disorders
10. Social Work with Older Adults
11. Social Work in the Criminal Justice System
12. Developmental Disabilities and Social Work
13. The Social Work Profession Looks to the Future
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material