The Western Heritage Volume 1, 12th edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
An authoritative account of Western civilizations
Revel™ The Western Heritage weaves social, cultural, and political history into a strong, clear, narrative account of the central developments in Western history. Authors Donald Kagan, Steven Ozment, and Frank Turner define how the West has interacted with other cultures, and show how the history of Western civilization can shed light into global challenges today. In order to help students achieve a thorough understanding of Western civilization, the 12th Edition has been updated to reflect recent developments — in the West and beyond.
Table of contents
1. The Birth of Civilization
2. The Rise of Greek Civilization
3. Classical and Hellenistic Greece
4. Rome: From Republic to Empire
5. The Roman Empire
PART 2: The Middle Ages, 476 C.E.–1300 C.E.
6. Late Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages: Creating a New European Society and Culture (476–1000)
7. The High Middle Ages: The Rise of European Empires and States (1000–1300)
8. Medieval Society: Hierarchies, Towns, Universities, and Families (1000–1300)
PART 3: Europe in Transition, 1300–1750
9. The Late Middle Ages: Social and Political Breakdown (1300–1453)
10. Renaissance and Discovery
11. The Age of Reformation
12. The Age of Religious Wars
13. European State Consolidation in the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries
14. New Directions in Thought and Culture in the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (February 8th 2019) - Copyright © 2020