Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy: Systems, Strategies, and Skills MyLab Counseling without Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 4th edition
Published by Pearson (June 28th 2015) - Copyright © 2016
Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy: Systems, Strategies, and Skills (Subscription)
ISBN-13: 9780133346466Includes: eText
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy: Systems, Strategies, and Skills MyLab Counseling without Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
A bound printed text and a code to access MyLab with eText. To register, you'll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy: Systems, Strategies, and Skills, Loose-Leaf Version
ISBN-13: 9780133388978Includes: Loose-Leaf
You'll get loose-leaf, three-hole-punched pages ready to be placed in a binder.
Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy: Systems, Strategies, and Skills
ISBN-13: 9780132851701Includes: Hardcover
You'll get a bound printed text.
Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy, Video-Enhanced Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version -- Access Card Package
ISBN-13: 9780133424058Includes: Bundle
A collection of materials so you have everything you need for your course.
Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy is also available packaged with the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with the bound book, use ISBN 0133388735. Note: The Enhanced Pearson eText package does not include MyCounselingLab.
Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy: Systems, Strategies, and Skills offers an innovative look at emerging and well-established counseling theories. Organizing theories into four broad themes (Background, Emotions, Thoughts, and Actions), authors underscore key similarities and differences in each approach. Moving beyond a traditional theories book, chapters include skill development sections that connect counseling theories with clinical practice. Fully revised, this edition brings a stronger multicultural focus, includes over 400 new research references, and offers new activities to sharpen clinical understanding.
Personalize learning with MyCouselingLab®
MyCounselingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
Table of contents
PART ONE: PROVIDING EFFECTIVE COUNSELING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY
1. Contexts of Effective Treatment
PART TWO: TREATMENT SYSTEMS EMPHASIZING BACKGROUND
2. Overview of Background-Focused Treatment Systems
3. Sigmund Freud and Classic Psychoanalysis
4. Alfred Adler and Individual Psychology
5. Post- and Neo-Freudians: Analytical Psychology, Ego Psychology, Object Relations, and Self Psychology
6. Brief Psychodynamic Therapy
PART THREE: TREATMENT SYSTEMS EMPHASIZING EMOTIONS AND SENSATIONS
7. Overview of Emotion-Focused Treatment Systems
8. Carl Rogers and Person-Centered Counseling
9. Existential Therapy
10. Gestalt Therapy
11. Emerging Approaches Emphasizing Emotions and Sensations
PART FOUR: TREATMENT SYSTEMS EMPHASIZING THOUGHTS
12. Overview of Thought-Focused Treatment Systems
13. Albert Ellis and Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
14. Aaron Beck and Cognitive Therapy
PART FIVE: TREATMENT SYSTEMS EMPHASIZING ACTIONS
15. Overview of Action-Focused Treatment Systems
16. Behavior Therapy and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
17. Reality Therapy
PART SIX: OTHER TREATMENT APPROACHES
18. Family Systems Approaches
19. Integrative Therapies
20. Solidifying Understanding of Treatment Systems
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material