A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.For courses in Critical Thinking
Think currency. Think relevancy. Think Critically.
Think Critically, 2016 presents critical thinking as the optimal approach for solving real-world problems and making important decisions, boosting the relevance of course material to students’ lives. Authors Peter Facione and Carol Ann Gittens employ a simple, practical approach to deliver the core concepts of critical thinking in a way that students can easily understand. Incorporating contemporary material from a wide range of real-life situations, Think Critically’s engaging examples and exercises hammer home positive critical thinking habits of mind that students can use — in the classroom and beyond.
Think Critically, 2016 is also available via REVEL™, an immersive learning experience designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn.
Table of contents
2. Critical Thinking Mindset and Skills
3. Solve Problems and Succeed in College
4. Clarify Ideas and Concepts
5. Analyze Arguments and Diagram Decisions
6. Evaluate the Credibility of Claims and Sources
7. Evaluate Arguments: Four Basic Tests
8. Valid Inferences
9. Warranted Inferences
10. Snap Judgments: Risks and Benefits of Heuristic Thinking
11. Reflective Decision Making
12. Comparative Reasoning
13. Ideological Reasoning
14. Empirical Reasoning
15. Write Sound and Effective Arguments
16. Ethical Decision Making
17. The Logic of Declarative Statements
Appendix: Extend Argument-Decision Mapping Strategies
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material