Thinking in C++, Volume 2: Practical Programming, 1st edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Use the full power of C++
- First Edition Winner 1996 Jolt Award for Best Book of the Year.
- Learn practical programming and best practices.
- Meet the difficult challenges of C++ development.
- Build reliable and robust programs.
- Design Patterns chapter shows sophisticated use of objects, composition and polymorphism.
- Provides a gentle introduction to multithreaded programming, a feature being considered for the next version of Standard C++.
- Defensive Programming chapter includes a simple unit-testing framework and debugging techniques.
- In-depth treatment of Standard C++ Library facilities including strings, iostreams, and the "STL" algorithms and containers.
- Modern usage of templates, including template metaprogramming.
- Unravels the perplexities of multiple inheritance.
- Shows practical uses for RTTI.
- Explores exception handling in depth and clearly explains exception-safe design.
- Compliant with the official ISO C++ Standard.
- Presents results of current research being considered for inclusion in the next revision of Standard C++.
- All code examples freely downloadable, tested on multiple platforms and compilers including the free GNU C++ compiler on Windows/Mac/Linux.
- Annotated Solutions Guide
- Seminars and consulting
- Free DownloadVolume I of this book
Table of contents
I. BUILDING STABLE SYSTEMS.
II. THE STANDARD C++ LIBRARY.
III. ADVANCED TOPICS.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (December 17th 2003) - Copyright © 2004