Thinking Mathematically, 2nd edition
Unfortunately, this item is not available in your country.
Math is all around us.
Thinking Mathematically seeks to turn this familiar statement into a promise of opportunity and exploration. Blitzer's examples provide both a contextual and procedural base may students can easily build upon. Blitzer's examples, problems, and applications foster both an appreciation and understanding of mathematics and encourage students to take the math a step further into their everyday lives.http://www.prenhall.com/blitzer
Table of contents
1. Problem Solving and Critical Thinking.
2. Set Theory.
4. Number Representation and Calculation.
5. Number Theory and the Real Number System.
6. Algebra: Equations and Inequalities.
7. Algebra: Graphs, Functions, and Linear Systems.
8. Consumer Mathematics and Financial Management.
11. Counting Methods and Probability Theory.
13. Mathematical Systems.
Published by Addison-Wesley (March 21st 2002) - Copyright © 2003