Thinking Mathematically, 6th edition
Published by Pearson (January 7th 2014) - Copyright © 2015
- Instant Access
A digital platform that offers help when and where you need it, lets you focus your study time, and provides practical learning experiences. To register, you’ll need a Pearson course ID from your instructor.
You'll get instant access to the digital content.
MyMathLab from Pearson is the world’s leading online resource in mathematics, integrating interactive homework, assessment, and media in a flexible, easy to use format. MyMathLab delivers proven results in helping individual students succeed. It provides engaging experiences that personalize, stimulate, and measure learning for each student. And, it comes from an experienced partner with educational expertise and an eye on the future.
To learn more about how MyMathLab combines proven learning applications with powerful assessment, visit www.mymathlab.com or contact your Pearson representative.
MyMathLab improves results and is designed to work hand-in-hand with the book to offer additional practice and learning aids that improve student learning in measurable ways.
- Three MyMathLab course options are now available:
- The Standard MyMathLab course allows instructors to build their course their way, offering maximum flexibility and control over all aspects of assignment creation.
- NEW! A Ready to Go course provides students with all the same great MyMathLab features, but makes it easier for instructors to get started, with pre-made and pre-assigned homework and quizzes.
- NEW! An Integrated Review MyMathLab course option provides embedded review of select developmental topics. Assignments are also pre-assigned in this course, including a Skills Check quiz on prerequisite skills needed at the chapter level. Students who prove mastery can move on to the Thinking Mathematically content, while students who need additional review can remediate using videos and Integrated Review worksheets in the new Learning Guide. This course solution can be used in a co-requisite course model, or simply to help underprepared students master prerequisite skills and concepts.
- More than 3,000 assignable exercises give students the practice they need to master the material.
- Applications questions correlate to Bob Blitzer’s trademark chapter- and section-opening applications, so instructors can be sure that students are using them to learn and think about math.
- NEW! Getting Ready exercises are now available in the Standard and Ready to Go MyMathLab courses. These prerequisite skills questions enable students to refresh forgotten concepts.
- NEW! Concept and Vocabulary Check questions assess students’ understanding of the definitions and concepts presented in each section. These short-answer exercises precede the exercise sets in the text and are assignable in MyMathLab.
- Check Point Videos show instructors working out every Check Point problem in the text to ensure understanding. NEW! Assignable Check Point exercises in MyMathLab correspond to each Check Point video, ensuring that students watched the video and understood the concepts presented.
- NEW! MathTalk Videos are fun, application-based videos that connect the math in Blitzer to the real world. Presented by Andrew Vickers on location in New York and Boston, these instructional videos have a sense of humor while demonstrating how everyday life is full of math applications.
- Chapter Test Prep Videos show students how to work out solutions to the Chapter Tests in the book, and are available in MyMathLab and on YouTube™.
- NEW! Student Success Module in MyMathLab. This new, interactive module is available in the left-hand navigation of MyMathLab and includes videos, activities, and post-tests for these three student success areas:
- Math-Reading Connections, including topics such as Using Word Clues and Looking for Patterns.
- Study Skills, including topics such as Time Management and Preparing for and Taking Exams.
- College Success, including topics such as College Transition and Online Learning.
- Instructors can assign these videos and/or activities as media assignments, along with pre-built post-tests to make sure students learn and understand how to improve their skills in these areas. Instructors can integrate these assignments with their traditional MyMathLab homework assignments to incorporate student success topics into their course as they deem appropriate.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material