NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab™ & Mastering™ products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For Health and Fitness courses.
This package includes Mastering Health.
Provide your students with interactive tools to succeed in fitness and wellness
Total Fitness and Wellness gives readers a solid foundation in fitness and wellness, while providing them with the tools they need to make healthy behavioral changes and lifestyle choices. The vibrant design makes the book more approachable through modern chapter-opening photos, graphs, and detailed exercise photos.
The 7th Edition provides a clear learning path, labs that can be completed and submitted online, and a thoroughly revised guide to creating a comprehensive fitness and wellness plan, ensuring readers have the print and online tools they need to succeed. To take advantage of the power of Mastering, every chapter of the text includes numbered Learning Outcomes and a new study plan that ties directly into MasteringHealth activities.
0134153154 / 9780134153155 Total Fitness & Wellness Plus Mastering Health with eText--Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134167600 / 9780134167602 Total Fitness & Wellness, The Mastering Health Edition
- 0134256360 / 9780134256368 Mastering Health with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Total Fitness & Wellness, The Mastering Health Edition
Total Fitness and Wellness, 7th Edition is also available via Pearson eText, a simple-to-use, mobile, personalized reading experience that lets instructors connect with and motivate students – right in their eTextbook. Learn more.
Table of contents
- Understanding Fitness and Wellness
- General Principles of Exercise for Health and Fitness
- Cardiorespiratory Endurance: Assessment and Prescription
- Improving Muscular Strength and Endurance
- Improving Flexibility
- Body Composition
- Creating Your Total Fitness and Wellness Plan
- Nutrition, Health, and Fitness
- Achieving Optimal Body Weight
- Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
- Stress Management
- Preventing Exercise-Related and Unintentional Injuries
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Addiction and Substance Abuse
The Powers/Dodd, Total Fitness & Wellness, Brief, Fifth Edition, (0134378253 / 9780134378251), includes eleven total chapters consisting of Chapters 1–11 of this Seventh Edition.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material