You'll get a bound printed text.
DSL technologies explained by the experts who created the standards
The most complete coverage anywhere: ISDN, HDSL, ADSL, and VDSL
The basic infrastructure for the global broadband network of the future is already in place in most homes and offices. Ordinary telephone lines can provide low-cost, high-volume access to the exploding world of telecommunications services that users increasingly rely on.
Now, leading experts in the field have come together to share their insights in a single volume, explaining the past, present, and future of all the DSL technologies. Understanding Digital Subscriber Line Technology:
- Covers the entire DSL family, from ISDN at 144 kb/s to VDSL at 52 Mb/s
- Details DSL at all layers of protocol, with special emphasis on the physical layer
- Discusses applications from both provider and end-user points of view
- Gives an insider's view of the telecommunications standards process
Key standards are explained, including transmission line characteristics, data rates, modulation and coding methods, operations procedures, transconvergence layers, protocols, and network architectures.
With its inside track and extensive level of detail, Understanding Digital Subscriber Line Technology will be indispensable to telecom and datacom engineers at every level. It also offers a comprehensible explanation of issues in this growing field to managers, marketing experts, and consumers of DSL technology.
Table of contents
1. DSL Fundamentals.
2. Types of DSLs.
3. Twisted-Pair Transmission.
4. Comparison with Other Media.
5. Transmission Duplexing Methods.
6. Basic Digital Transmission Methods.
7. Loop Impairments, Solutions, and DMT.
8. Initialization, Timing and Performance.
9. Operations, Administration Maintenance, and Provisioning.
10. DSL in the Context of the ISO Reference Model.
11. ADSL: The Bit Pump.
12. ATM Transmission Convergence on ADSL.
13. Frame-Based Protocols over ADSL.
14. ADSL in the Context of End-to-End Systems.
15. Network Architecture and Regulation.
Appendix A: Glossary.
Appendix B: Selected Standards and Specifications.
Appendix C: Selected T1E1.4 Contributions and ADSL Forum Technical Reports (found on website).
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material