Published byPearson (June 22nd 2015) - Copyright © 2016
A digital version of the text you can personalize and read online or offline.
For courses in Music Appreciation
Build Listening Skills Through Music Appreciation
Understanding Music teaches readers to listen to music with depth, understanding, and knowledge. Using music as a tool to exercise listening skills, the Eighth Edition integrates lively text, clear listening guides, and hands-on videos and web activities to convey the importance of listening. Through exploring and understanding different music from all around the world, Understanding Music teaches readers how to appreciate music concepts and styles, as well as gain important listening skills they can exercise in all areas of life.
Understanding Music, Eighth Edition is also available via REVEL™, an immersive learning experience designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn.
Table of contents
1. Music Around the World
2. The Elements of Music
3. The Art of Listening
4. The Middle Ages: 400-1400
5. The Renaissance 1400-1600
6. The Baroque Era: 1600-1750
7. The Classic Era: 1750-1800
9. The Nineteenth Century I: Early Romantic Music
10. The Nineteenth Century II: Mid- to Late-Romantic Music
11. The Twentieth Century and Beyond, Part I: The Classical Scene
12. The Twentieth Century and Beyond, Part II: Jazz, an American Original
13. The Twentieth Century and Beyond, Part III: Popular Music in the United States
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material