& Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab &
Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in calculus-based physics.
This package includes MasteringPhysics®.
The benchmark for clarity and rigor, influenced by the latest in education research.
Since its first edition, University Physics has been revered for its emphasis on fundamental principles and how to apply them. This text is known for its clear and thorough narrative, as well as its uniquely broad, deep, and thoughtful sets of worked examples that provide students with key tools for developing both conceptual understanding and problem-solving skills.
The Fourteenth Edition improves the defining features of the text while adding new features influenced by education research to teach the skills needed by today’s students. A focus on visual learning, new problem types, and pedagogy informed by MasteringPhysics metadata headline the improvements designed to create the best learning resource for physics students.
Personalize learning with MasteringPhysics
MasteringPhysics® from Pearson is the leading online homework, tutorial, and assessment system, designed to improve results by engaging students before, during, and after class with powerful content. Instructors ensure students arrive ready to learn by assigning educationally effective content before class and encourage critical thinking and retention with in-class resources such as Learning Catalytics. Students can further master concepts after class through traditional and adaptive homework assignments that provide hints and answer-specific feedback. The Mastering gradebook records scores for all automatically graded assignments in one place, while diagnostic tools give instructors access to rich data to assess student understanding and misconceptions.
Mastering brings learning full circle by continuously adapting to each student and making learning more personal than ever—before, during, and after class.
0321982584/9780321982582 University Physics with Modern Physics Plus MasteringPhysics with eText -- Access Card Package, 14/e
Package consists of:
0321973615/ 9780321973610 University Physics with Modern Physics, 14/e
0321997751/ 9780321997753 MasteringPhysics with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for University Physics with Modern Physics, 14/e
Table of contents
1. Units, Physical Quantities, and Vectors
2. Motion Along a Straight Line
3. Motion in Two or Three Dimensions
4. Newton’s Laws of Motion
5. Applying Newton’s Laws
6. Work and Kinetic Energy
7. Potential Energy and Energy Conservation
8. Momentum, Impulse, and Collisions
9. Rotation of Rigid Bodies
10. Dynamics of Rotational Motion
11. Equilibrium and Elasticity
12. Fluid Mechanics
14. Periodic Motion
15. Mechanical Waves
16. Sound and Hearing
17. Temperature and Heat
18. Thermal Properties of Matter
19. The First Law of Thermodynamics
20. The Second Law of Thermodynamics
21. Electric Charge and Electric Field
22. Gauss’s Law
23. Electric Potential
24. Capacitance and Dielectrics
25. Current, Resistance, and Electromotive Force
26. Direct-Current Circuits
27. Magnetic Field and Magnetic Forces
28. Sources of Magnetic Field
29. Electromagnetic Induction
31. Alternating Current
32. Electromagnetic Waves
33. The Nature and Propagation of Light
34. Geometric Optics
38. Photons: Light Waves Behaving as Particles
39. Particles Behaving as Waves
40. Quantum Mechanics I: Wave Functions
41. Quantum Mechanics II: Atomic Structure
42. Molecules and Condensed Matter
43. Nuclear Physics
44. Particle Physics and Cosmology
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material