All the sysadmin skills you need to integrate Windows 2000/NT, UNIX, Linux- and whatever comes next!
If you learn system administration the right way, you can leverage those skills to deploy and integrate any platform: UNIX, Linux, Windows 2000you name it. That's the goal of The UNIX and Windows 2000 Handbook. It brings together expert cross-platform planning, integration and administration techniques developed in one of the world's largest heterogeneous environmentstechniques you can use right now in your enterprise. At the same time, it gives you a rock-solid foundation in system administration you can use in any environment!
- Installation techniques that facilitate reliability and integration
- Establishing user accounts that are accessible from any type of client system
- Integrating UNIX and Windows filesystems-including NFS
- Providing scalable, cross-platform DNS and email services
- Backup/recovery techniques for every platform
- Managing printing
- Fundamental concepts in Security for UNIX and Windows platforms
Whether you're a UNIX/Linux sysadmin seeking to master Windows NT/2000, or vice versaor you're learning both platforms for the first timeThe UNIX and Windows 2000 Handbook gives you the skills you need today, tomorrow, and for the rest of your system administration career.
Table of contents
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material
Published by Pearson (May 4th 2000) - Copyright © 2000