For courses in Econometrics.
A Clear, Practical Introduction to Econometrics
Using Econometrics: A Practical Guide offers readers an innovative introduction to elementary econometrics. Through real-world examples and exercises, the book covers the topic of single-equation linear regression analysis in an easily understandable format.
The Seventh Edition is appropriate for all levels: beginner econometric readers, regression users seeking a refresher, and experienced practitioners who want a convenient reference. Praised as one of the most important texts in the last 30 years, the book retains its clarity and practicality in previous editions with a number of substantial improvements throughout.
Table of contents
2. Ordinary Least Squares
3. Learning to Use Regression Analysis
4. The Classical Model
5. Hypothesis Testing and Statistical Inference
6. Specification: Choosing the Independent Variables
7. Specification: Choosing a Functional Form
9. Serial Correlation
11. Running Your Own Regression Project
12. Time-Series Models
13. Dummy Dependent Variable Techniques
14. Simultaneous Equations
16. Experimental and Panel Data
Appendix A: Answers
Appendix B: Statistical Tables
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material