XML and PHP is designed to introduce PHP developers to the synergies that become visible when their favorite web-scripting language is combined with one of the most talked about technologies of recent times, XML. XML and PHP teaches PHP developers how to use PHP's XML functions to develop and maintain XML-based web applications and sites, and it demonstrates the power inherent in the XML/PHP combination. This book provides information on all hte major XML technologies supported in PHP, demonstrating how the XML/PHP combination can be used to deliver cutting-edge web applications through practical examples and real-world case studies. XML and PHP serves as both an implementation guide to the topic and a handy desktop reference for quick lookups-combining all the information that developers need into a single, focused package.
Table of contents
1. XML and PHP Basics.
2. PHP and the Simple API for XML (SAX).
3. PHP and the Document Object Model (DOM).
4. PHP and Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT).
5. PHP and Web Distributed Data eXchange (WDDX).
6. PHP and XML-Based Remote Procedure Calls (RPC).
7. PHP, XML, and Databases.
8. Open Source PHP/XML Alternatives.
9. Case Studies.
Appendix A. Recompiling PHP to Add XML Support.
Appendix B. Open Source Licenses.
Appendix C. Glossary.
All the material you need to teach your courses.Discover teaching material