Working with Pearson
Find out more about what we do, what we look for and why you might want to come and work at Pearson – we think you’ll like it here.
Our people and our business
Our people are based in a variety of locations across the UK. Most of our teams work in central London, Oxford, Harlow and Hellaby in Yorkshire, but we have regional offices too.
People work in all sorts of roles to help us make a success of our business – including digital, publishing, operational roles, marketing and product development, qualification accreditation, editorial, sales, design, multimedia, administration and accounting. Many positions are suitable for graduates. We also recruit for business partnership and support roles like communications, facilities, finance, human resources and technology.
What we look for
We think it’s our job to help people reach their potential. In return, we expect our people to show a high level of motivation and commitment, as well as a willingness to take responsibility and pride in their work – whatever that work is.
- We’re in the information business, so we expect our colleagues to be forward-looking and creative in their thinking, with a genuine passion for what we do.
- As an organisation, we are judged on the quality of the products we create and the services we provide. Whether it’s for teaching and learning materials, newspapers, websites or books, our words and visuals should be expressed beautifully and succinctly – this talent for communication is something we look for when we're recruiting.
- We like people who enjoy learning – even the tiniest new nugget of information.
- We expect individuals to flourish in teams, as well as on their own.
- We encourage everyone who works with us to develop their careers by moving around our businesses and the regions we operate in.
Taking care of our people
We believe in looking after the people who work with us, which is probably why we provide some of the best benefits in the business. We know that one size doesn’t fit all, so our benefits packages are designed to meet the different needs of our diverse team, and their families too. There are a range of options to choose from but, when you join, you can expect these benefits as standard:
- flexible health plans to meet you and your family's needs
- generous paid time off
- maternity, paternity and family care leave
- flexible work policies to help you balance your personal and professional lives
- profit sharing plans that reward you when the company does well
- stock purchase options which give you the chance to own a stake in Pearson's future
- retirement plans
- aid for guidance on stress, health and other confidential needs.
Making sure everyone’s included
At Pearson, we aim to reflect the world we live in at every level of our business. Having a diverse workforce is really important to us, and we always seek to hire the best people who share our values, drive initiatives and improve results.
Pearson UK is a member of the following organisations: