The BBC and Pearson College have joined forces to launch a Higher Apprenticeship and degree programme for business management in the creative industries.
- This is a unique opportunity for talented young apprentices to earn while they learn and get a high-quality university degree.
- Participants gain both a Pearson College Business Management Degree and a Leadership and Management Higher Apprenticeship.
- Work placements at the BBC will provide enviable experience of working at the heart of the media industry.
- First degree-level Business scheme to be offered by the BBC.
- Two-year scheme opens up entry to the brightest from all backgrounds.
- Applications are open from 14 April until 4 May 2014.
The two-year scheme targets those without a degree and opens up entry into the creative industries to the broadest range of backgrounds.
Alongside teaching at Pearson College to understand key aspects of business – from management and leadership to business law – successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop hands-on experience through three placements within the BBC. These will take place within three of five areas: Television, Marketing and Audiences, Future Media, Policy and Strategy, or Worldwide.
The scheme provides a Leadership and Management Higher Apprenticeship incorporating a Pearson College BA (Hons) Business Management* degree with all fees paid, validated by Ashridge Business School, one of the world's leading business schools.read more