End Point Assessment
How we can help
As part of Pearson, we provide End Point Assessment (EPA) for all apprentices via a fully independent body within Pearson approved by the Skills Funding Agency (SFA). Pearson is able to offer a full range of assessment services to support the diverse requirements of the new apprenticeships standards.
As a registered End Point Assessment organisation, Pearson is responsible for ensuring that End Point Assessments are valid, reliable, comparable, manageable and minimise bias.
- maintaining credibility and value in the design and application of our specifications and assessment tools
- ensuring people and resources involved in EPA design and delivery are ‘fit-for-purpose’ and understand the industry sector they are working in
- working collaboratively with training providers, employers, colleges, independent assessors
- quality assuring the delivery of EPAs, using a risk-based approach
- providing regular training and standardisation activities
- ensuring continuous professional development of people involved in assessments and quality assurance of our EPAs
- ensuring high quality reporting and management of information
Delivering End Point Assessments
As a registered Apprentice Assessment Organisation, Pearson is accountable for developing, delivering and awarding EPAs. In order to deliver EPAs, Pearson is able to either:
- deliver EPAs directly for employers and/ or training providers, or
- partner with organisations that have the capacity, capability and suitable independence to work with us