Mastering Astronomy without Pearson eText -- Instant Access -- for Astronomy Today, 6th Edition
©2008 | Pearson
Eric Chaisson, Tufts University
Steve McMillan, Drexel University
©2008 | Pearson
Companion WebSite with GradeTracker (www.aw-bc.com/chaisson)
The text-specific Companion Website with GradeTracker for Astronomy Today, Sixth Editionorganizes material from a variety of sources on a chapter-by-chapter basis, providing students with a variety of inquiry, visual, and interactive tools of each chapter’s topics, and provides gradebook functionality for instructors who wish to use it. The Companion Website for the sixth edition includes:
• The newly assembled Animations and Videos gallery. This collection of the most up-to-date, illustrative, and dynamic pieces on key concepts and recent events helps to create a more scientifically literate astronomy student. See the associated icons within the text at logical point of use.
• The revamped and amplified Tutorials gallery. These animated, interactive Flash™ files bring concepts from the text to life, allowing students to explore ideas in depth. Students are engaged in the thought process as they answer questions and change parameters in these exploratory activities. Also included are gradable follow-up multiple choice Tutorials quiz questions, which will check the student’s understanding of the tutorial. Icons within the text indicate the relevant point of use for each of the tutorial quiz questions.
• Now online for the Sixth Edition, the eBook is a full electronic version of the text, with key term hyperlinks and imbedded media elements.
• A collection of the most current and astonishing images from the best sources on the World Wide Web.
• Practice questions, multiple choice, and true or false quizzes with hints and instant feedback, including links to relevant sections from the eBook.
• Algorithmically generated versions of select end-of-chapter practice problems from the text.
• Labeling exercises, where students identify various components of a fundamental figure from the textbook.
• Interactive Glossary.
• Instructor tools include online grading capabilities and a syllabus manager.
Pearson offers affordable and accessible purchase options to meet the needs of your students. Connect with us to learn more.
K12 Educators: Contact your Savvas Learning Company Account General Manager for purchase options. Instant Access ISBNs are for individuals purchasing with credit cards or PayPal.
Savvas Learning Company is a trademark of Savvas Learning Company LLC.
We're sorry! We don't recognize your username or password. Please try again.
The work is protected by local and international copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning.
You have successfully signed out and will be required to sign back in should you need to download more resources.