This title is out of print.
Richard Haberman, Southern Methodist University
Appropriate for an elementary undergraduate first course of varying lengths. Its in-depth elementary presentation is intended primarily for students in science, engineering, and applied mathematics.
Emphasizing the physical interpretation of mathematical solutions, this book introduces applied mathematics while presenting partial differential equations
More than 200 figures. Pg.___
Presents more than 1000 exercises with answers to selected exercises in the back of the book. Pg.___
Important equations and statements are frequently boxed. Pg.___
Paragraphs are often titled in bold. Pg.___
Important formulas are made into tables. Pg.___
Inside covers include important tabulated information. Pg.___
1. Heat Equation.
2. Method of Separation of Variables.
3. Fourier Series.
4. Vibrating Strings and Membranes.
5. Sturm-Liouville Eigenvalue Problems.
6. An Elementary Discussion of Finite Difference Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations.
7. Partial Differential Equations with at Least Three Independent Variables.
8. Nonhomogeneous Problems.
9. Green's Functions for Time-Independent Problems.
10. Infinite Domain Problems—Fourier Transform Solutions of Partial Differential Equations.
11. Green's Functions for Time-Dependent Problems.
12. The Method of Characteristics for Linear and Quasi-Linear Wave Equations.
13. A Brief Introduction to Laplace Transform Solution of Partial Differential Equations.
14. Topics: Dispersive Waves, Stability, Nonlinearity, and Perturbation Methods.
Selected Answers to Starred Exercises.
Pearson offers affordable and accessible purchase options to meet the needs of your students. Connect with us to learn more.
K12 Educators: Contact your Savvas Learning Company Account General Manager for purchase options. Instant Access ISBNs are for individuals purchasing with credit cards or PayPal.
Savvas Learning Company is a trademark of Savvas Learning Company LLC.
We're sorry! We don't recognize your username or password. Please try again.
The work is protected by local and international copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning.
You have successfully signed out and will be required to sign back in should you need to download more resources.