This title is out of print.
Designed for use in a one or two-semester Introductory Circuit Analysis or Circuit Theory Courses taught in Electrical or Computer Engineering Departments.
The most widely used introductory circuits textbook. Emphasis is on student and instructor assessment and the teaching philosophies remain:
- To build an understanding of concepts and ideas explicitly in terms of previous learning
- To emphasize the relationship between conceptual understanding and problem solving approaches
- To provide students with a strong foundation of engineering practices.
Emphasis on student and instructor assessment–Utilizes text elements such as Chapter Objectives, Assessing Objectives and Practical Perspectives.
Allows students and instructors to more easily meet the standards set by ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology).
Four color design–Appeals to today's visual learners and aids in chapter navigation.
Art program–Maximizes the impact and clarity of each chapter's subject matter.
Student Study Guide–Web-based study guide for each Chapter that focuses the reader, poses questions throughout, and suggests problems to try.
Chapter Tests–Available on the Web for instructor, who can choose to make them available to students. Each test is designed to be completed in 30 minutes and focuses on the Chapter Objectives. Four different versions of each test are provided.
Student Workbook–Available on the Web and covers nine key problem-solving techniques with detailed, step-by-step solutions, additional examples, and practice problems.
- 80% of end of chapter problems have been updated
~ Problem sets will be organized by section at the end of the chapter
- New and updated Practical Perspectives in chapter openers
- New design - in response to customer feedback.
~ Subtle use of colors
~ Removing box outlines from circuit diagrams
~ Organizing end of chapter problems by section reference
~ Use of margin to call out important terms
1. Circuit Variables.
2. Circuit Elements.
3. Simple Resistive Circuits.
4. Techniques of Circuit Analysis.
5. The Operational Amplifier.
6. Inductors, Capacitors, and Mutual Inductance.
7. Response of First-Order RL and RC Circuits.
8. Natural and Step Responses of RLC Circuits.
9. Sinusoidal Steady-State Analysis.
10. Sinusoidal Steady-State Power Calculations.
11. Balanced Three-Phase Circuits.
12. Introduction to the Laplace Transform.
13. The Laplace Transform in Circuit Analysis.
14. Introduction to Frequency-Selective Circuits.
15. Active Filter Circuits.
16. Fourier Series.
17. The Fourier Transform.
18. Two-Port Circuits.
Appendix A. The Solution of Linear Simultaneous Equations.
Appendix B. Complex Numbers.
Appendix C. The Decibel.
Appendix D. Bode Diagrams.
Appendix E. An Abbreviated Table of Trigonometric Identities.
Appendix F. An Abbreviated Table of Integrals.
Appendix G. Answers to Selected Problems.
Pearson offers affordable and accessible purchase options to meet the needs of your students. Connect with us to learn more.
K12 Educators: Contact your Savvas Learning Company Account General Manager for purchase options. Instant Access ISBNs are for individuals purchasing with credit cards or PayPal.
Savvas Learning Company is a trademark of Savvas Learning Company LLC.
We're sorry! We don't recognize your username or password. Please try again.
The work is protected by local and international copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning.
You have successfully signed out and will be required to sign back in should you need to download more resources.