This item has been replaced by Digital Signal Processing, 4th Edition
John G. Proakis, Northeastern University
Dimitris K Manolakis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Lincoln Laboratory
Suitable for a one- or two-semester undergraduate-level electrical engineering, computer engineering, and computer science course in Discrete Systems and Digital Signal Processing. Assumes some prior knowledge of advanced calculus, linear systems for continuous-time signals, and Fourier series and transforms.
Giving students a sound balance of theory and practical application, this no-nonsense text presents the fundamental concepts and techniques of modern digital signal processing with related algorithms and applications. Covering both time-domain and frequency- domain methods for the analysis of linear, discrete-time systems, the book offers cutting-edge coverage on such topics as sampling, digital filter design, filter realizations, deconvolution, interpolation, decimation, state-space methods, spectrum analysis, and more. Rigorous and challenging, it further prepares students with numerous examples, exercises, and experiments emphasizing software implementation of digital signal processing algorithms integrated throughout.
2. Discrete-Time Signals and Systems.
3. The Z-Transform and Its Application to the Analysis of LTI Systems.
4. Frequency Analysis of Signals and Systems.
5. The Discrete Fourier Transform: Its Properties and Applications.
6. Efficient Computation of the DFT: Fast Fourier Transform Algorithms.
7. Implementation of Discrete-Time Systems.
8. Design of Digital Filters.
9. Sampling and Reconstruction of Signals.
10. Multirate Digital Signal Processing.
11. Linear Prediction and Optimum Linear Filters.
12. Power Spectrum Estimation.
Appendix A. Random Signals, Correlation Functions, and Power Spectra.
Appendix B. Random Numbers Generators.
Appendix C. Tables of Transition Coefficients for the Design of Linear-Phase FIR Filters.
Appendix D. List of MATLAB Functions.
References and Bibliography.
Pearson offers special pricing when you package your text with other student resources. If you're interested in creating a cost-saving package for your students, contact your Pearson rep.
We're sorry! We don't recognize your username or password. Please try again.
The work is protected by local and international copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning.
You have successfully signed out and will be required to sign back in should you need to download more resources.