This title is out of print.
A new addition to the New Topics in Politics series. This book contains a thorough analysis of the dynamics of citizen involvement in American Politics over the past four decades and identifies who participates in the political process, when they participate, and why.
1. Introduction: The Puzzle of Participation in American Politics.
2. The Political Logic of Political Participation.
3. Citizen Participation in American Politics, 1952-1990.
4. Citizen Participation in Governmental Politics.
5. Citizen Participation in Electoral Politics.
6. Mobilization and Participation in Electoral Politics.
7. Solving the Puzzle.
8. Conclusion: Mobilization and Political Equality.
Appendix A. Participation in Governmental Politics: Data Sources.
Appendix B. Participation in Electoral Politics: Data Sources.
Appendix C. Participation in Governmental Politics: Tables.
Appendix D. Participation in Electoral Politics: Tables.
Appendix E. Mobilization and Participation in Electoral Politics: Tables.
Pearson offers affordable and accessible purchase options to meet the needs of your students. Connect with us to learn more.
K12 Educators: Contact your Savvas Learning Company Account General Manager for purchase options. Instant Access ISBNs are for individuals purchasing with credit cards or PayPal.
Savvas Learning Company is a trademark of Savvas Learning Company LLC.
We're sorry! We don't recognize your username or password. Please try again.
The work is protected by local and international copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning.
You have successfully signed out and will be required to sign back in should you need to download more resources.