Patternmaking for Fashion Design, 5th Edition
©2010 |Pearson | Available
Helen Joseph Armstrong, Los Angeles Trade Technical College
©2010 |Pearson | Available
For an undergraduate course in Patternmaking. Renowned for its comprehensive coverage, exceptional illustrations, and clear instructions, this #1 text offers detailed yet easy-to-understand explanations of the essence of patternmaking. Hinging on a recurring theme that all designs are based on one or more of the three major patternmaking and design principles–dart manipulation, added fullness, and contouring–it provides students with all the relevant information necessary to create design patterns with accuracy regardless of their complexity.
This product is part of the following series. Click on a series title to see the full list of products in the series.
~ Illustrates a procedure that guides the patternmaker in adjusting design patterns to offset stretch; integrated into chapters covering cowls and bias-cut dresses.
~ Provides a revised procedure for drafting the front and back bodice and the sleeve to reflect the measurements of the newer model forms.
New to this Edition!
In addition to the outstanding comprehensive patternmaking coverage, this fifth edition boasts the following new features:
1. Patternmaking Essentials for the Workroom
2. Form Measurements and Figure Analysis
3. Drafting the Basic Pattern Set
4. Dart Manipulation. (Principle #1)
5. Designing with Darts (Tuck-Darts, Pleats, Flare and Gathers)
7. Added Fullness (Principle #2)
8. Yokes, Flanges, Pin-Tucks, and Pleat Tucks
9. Contouring (Principle #3)
11. Built-up Necklines
13. Skirts/Circles and Cascades
15. Kimono, Raglan, Drop Shoulder, Exaggerated Armholes
16. Buttons, Buttonholes, and Facings
17. Plackets and Pockets
18. Dresses without Wasteline Seams (Based on Torso Foundation)
19. Strapless Foundations and Interconstruction
20. Patternmaking for Bias-Cut Dresses
22. Women’s Jackets and Coats
23. Men’s Wear
24. Capes and Hoods
25. Knock-Off Copying Ready-Made Designs
27. Knits — Stretch and Shrinkage Factors
28. Knit Top Foundations
29. Activewear for Dance and Exercise
31. Introduction to Childrenswear
32. Drafting the Basic Pattern Set: Measurement Taking, Standard Measurement Charts
33. Collars, Sleeves, and Skirts
34. Dresses and Jumpers
36. Pants and Jumpsuits
37. Bodysuits, Leotards, Mailott, and Swimwear
DVD for Patternmaking for Fashion Design, 5th Edition
|Online purchase price||$33.32|
This title is out of print.
Pearson offers affordable and accessible purchase options to meet the needs of your students. Connect with us to learn more.
K12 Educators: Contact your Savvas Learning Company Account General Manager for purchase options. Instant Access ISBNs are for individuals purchasing with credit cards or PayPal.
Savvas Learning Company is a trademark of Savvas Learning Company LLC.
We're sorry! We don't recognize your username or password. Please try again.
The work is protected by local and international copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning.
You have successfully signed out and will be required to sign back in should you need to download more resources.