Professional Nursing Practice: Concepts and Perspectives, 7th Edition
©2016 |Pearson | Available
Janice S. Hayes, PhD, RN, University of Northern Colorado
©2016 |Pearson | Available
For courses in Professional Nursing Practice or Introduction to the Nursing Profession
Professional Nursing Practice helps nursing students explore and understand the nurse’s role in the health care environment with coverage on topics including nursing history, theory, ethics, and law, as well as nursing roles, issues, and changes in the profession. Fully updated, this edition includes more information on Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN), global health, and nursing theory and research. This resource explores the changing health care system especially related to health care economics, nursing in a culture of violence, and nursing in a culturally and spiritually diverse world.
About the Authors iv
Thank You v
1. Beginning the Journey
Unit I: Foundations of Professional Nursing Practice
2. Socialization to Professional Nursing
3. Historical Foundations of Professional Nursing
4. Ethical Foundations of Professional Nursing
5. Legal Foundations of Professional Nursing
6. Knowledge Development in Nursing
Unit II: Professional Nursing Roles
7. The Nurse as Health Promoter and Care Provider
8. The Nurse as Learner and Teacher
9. The Nurse as Leader and Manager
10. The Nurse’s Role in Evidence-based Health Care
11. The Nurse’s Role in Quality and Safety
12. The Nurse’s Role as Political Advocate
13. The Nurse as Colleague and Collaborator
Unit III: Processes Guiding Professional Practice
15. Managing Change
16. Technology and Informatics
Unit IV: Professional Nursing in a Changing Health Care Environment
17. Nursing in an Evolving Health Care Delivery System
18. Providing Care in the Home and Community
19. Global Health
20. Dimensions of Holistic Health Care
21. Nursing in a Culturally Diverse World
22. Nursing in a Spiritually Diverse World
23. Nursing in a Culture of Violence
Unit V: Into the Future
24. Advanced Nursing Education and Practice
25. The Future of Nursing
Important: To use the test banks below, you must download the TestGen software from the TestGen website. If you need help getting started, read the tutorials on the TestGen site.
Student Resources for Professional Nursing Practice, 7th Edition
Blais & Hayes
Pearson offers special pricing when you package your text with other student resources. If you're interested in creating a cost-saving package for your students, contact your Pearson rep.
Kathleen Blais received her Diploma in nursing from Temple University Hospital School of Nursing (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania), her BSN and MSEd from Florida International University (Miami, Florida), MSN from the University of Miami (Miami, Florida), and Ed.D. from Florida Atlantic University (Boca Raton, Florida). She has taught in both undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. Dr. Blais has held faculty and academic leadership positions throughout her career. She is currently a Professor Emerita of Nursing at Florida International University College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
Janice Hayes received her BSN from the University of Evansville, MSN from Indiana University, and PhD from Purdue University. She has taught both in undergraduate and graduate nursing programs as well as providing research leadership with clinical institutions. Dr. Hayes has maintained a research trajectory in the areas of development risk and trauma outcomes. She is currently the Assistant Director for Graduate Programs in the School of Nursing at the University of Northern Colorado.
We're sorry! We don't recognize your username or password. Please try again.
The work is protected by local and international copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning.
You have successfully signed out and will be required to sign back in should you need to download more resources.