Business Communication Essentials, 6th Edition
©2014 |Pearson | Out of print
Courtland L Bovee, C. Allen Paul Distinguished Chair, Grossman College
John Thill, Communication Specialists of America
©2014 |Pearson | Out of print
PREVIEWING Essentials: Each chapter prepares students with clear learning objectives, an insightful “Communication Matters” quotation, and a brief discussion of how a real-world example illustrates the principles covered in the chapter.OTHER POINTS OF DISTINCTION
DEVELOPING Essentials: Chapter content develops, explains, and elaborates on concepts with a concise, carefully organized presentation of textual and visual material.
ENHANCING Essentials: More than 60 model documents demonstrate effective solutions to a wide variety of real-life communication challenges. Students can easily identify the elements that enhance or detract from successful messages.
- Three-Step Writing Process. Unlike some books that introduce a writing process model and rarely discuss it again, Business Communication Essentials adapts the three-step process to every category of message.
- Emphasis on Exercises. For students who lack proficiency in business English, this text provides countless opportunities to improve grammar, punctuation, style, usage, and writing skills.
REINFORCING Essentials: Student success in Business Communication depends on practice, analysis, and reinforcement. The hundreds of business English exercises and activities in this text are sorted by category:
- “Test Your Knowledge” questions (end of chapter)
- “Apply Your Knowledge” questions (end of chapter)
- “Practice Your Skills” activities and exercises (end of chapter)
- “Expand Your Skills” web resources (end of chapter/online)
UNIT 1. BUSINESS COMMUNICATION FOUNDATIONS
1. Understanding Business Communication in Today’s Workplace
2. Mastering Team Skills and Interpersonal Communication
UNIT 2. THE THREE-STEP WRITING PROCESS
3. Planning Business Messages
4. Writing Business Messages
5. Completing Business Messages
UNIT 3. BRIEF BUSINESS MESSAGES
6. Crafting Messages for Electronic Media
7. Writing Routine and Positive Messages
8. Writing Negative Messages
9. Writing Persuasive Messages
UNIT 4. LONGER BUSINESS MESSAGES
10. Understanding and Planning Reports and Proposals
11. Writing and Completing Reports and Proposals
12. Developing Oral and Online Presentations
UNIT 5. EMPLOYMENT MESSAGES AND JOB INTERVIEWS
13. Building Careers and Writing Résumés
14. Applying and Interviewing for Employment
Appendix A. Format and Layout of Business Documents
Appendix B. Documentation of Report Sources
Appendix C. Correction Symbols
Handbook of Grammar, Mechanics, and Usage
MyLab Business Communication with Pearson eText -- Instructor Access Code
|Format||Digital Access Code|
|Instructors, request access|
Pearson offers affordable and accessible purchase options to meet the needs of your students. Connect with us to learn more.
K12 Educators: Contact your Savvas Learning Company Account General Manager for purchase options. Instant Access ISBNs are for individuals purchasing with credit cards or PayPal.
Savvas Learning Company is a trademark of Savvas Learning Company LLC.
We're sorry! We don't recognize your username or password. Please try again.
The work is protected by local and international copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning.
You have successfully signed out and will be required to sign back in should you need to download more resources.