Clicker Politics: Essays on the California Recall
©2006 |Pearson | Out of print
Shaun Bowler, University of California-Riverside, University of California-Riverside
Bruce E. Cain, University of Berkeley
©2006 |Pearson | Out of print
For students studying California politics, as well as a general audience.
This text reflects on the causes and implications of the extraordinary 2003 California Recall. It provides the whole story of what was a famous political occurrence due to the star power of Arnold Schwartzenegger and answers crucial questions as to the causes and outcomes of this historical event.
Essay format—With authors from academia and media.
~ Offers wide range of perspectives.
Provides a closer look at the 2003 California Gubernatorial Recall—For both students and general audiences.
~ Indepth research gives interesting historical background.
Reflects on the causes and implications of this extraordinary event.
~ Raises thoughts about the before and after.
Probes questions on operation of the recall process.
~ Students think and discuss one of our nation's political processes.
Shaun Bowler and Bruce E. Cain
2. Barriers to Recalling Elected Officials: A Cross-State Analysis of the Incidence and Success of Recall Petitions
Bruce E. Cain, Melissa Cully Anderson, Annette K. Eaton
3. Statistical Regularities in the Recall Results,
4. Recalling the Realignment Literature: Did October 2003 Bring a Critical Election?
5. Viewing the Recall from Above and Below
Jack Citrin and Jonathan Cohen
6. Rational Voters and the Recall Election
R. Michael Alvarez, D. Roderick Kiewiet, and Betsy Sinclair
7. The Race Card and California Politics: Minority Voters and Racial Cues in the 2003 Recall Election
Matt A. Barreto and Ricardo Ramíriz
8. Opportunities Lost? Latinos, Cruz Bustamante, and California’s Recall
Louis De Sipio and Natalie Masuoka
9. Political Potential: Asian Americans, California Politics, and the Recall Election
Natalie Masuoka and Daniel HoSang
10. Race, Gender, and the Recall Vote
Becki Scola and Lisa Garcia Bedolla
11. Cirque du Sacramento and Weary Californian: State and National Coverage of the Recall Campaign
Martin Johnson, Chris Stout, Shaun Bowler, and Max Neiman
12. The California Recall Punch Card Litigation: Why Bush v. Gore Does Not “Suck”
Richard L. Hasen
Pearson offers affordable and accessible purchase options to meet the needs of your students. Connect with us to learn more.
K12 Educators: Contact your Savvas Learning Company Account General Manager for purchase options. Instant Access ISBNs are for individuals purchasing with credit cards or PayPal.
Savvas Learning Company is a trademark of Savvas Learning Company LLC.
We're sorry! We don't recognize your username or password. Please try again.
The work is protected by local and international copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning.
You have successfully signed out and will be required to sign back in should you need to download more resources.