Evolutionary Analysis, 5th Edition
©2014 |Pearson | Available
Jon C. Herron, University of Washington
Scott Freeman, University of Washington
©2014 |Pearson | Available
For undergraduate courses in Evolution
By presenting evolutionary biology as a dynamic, ongoing research effort and organizing discussions around questions, this best-selling text helps students think like scientists as they learn about evolution. The authors convey the excitement and logic of evolutionary science by introducing principles through recent and classical studies, and by emphasizing real-world applications.
In the Fifth Edition, co-author Jon Herron takes the lead in streamlining and updating content to reflect key changes in the field. The design and art program have also been updated for enhanced clarity.
1. A Case for Evolutionary Thinking: Understanding HIV
2. The Evidence for Evolution
3. Darwinian Natural Selection
4. Reconstructing Evolutionary Trees
II. MECHANISMS OF EVOLUTIONARY CHANGE
5. Mutation and Genetic Variation
6. Mendelian Genetics in Populations I: Selection and Mutation as Mechanisms of Evolution
7. Mendelian Genetics in Populations II: Migration, Genetic Drift, and Nonrandom Mating
8. Evolution at Multiple Loci: Linkage and Sex
9. Evolution at Multiple Loci: Quantitative Genetics
10. Studying Adaptation: Evolutionary Analysis of Form and Function
11. Sexual Selection
12. Kin Selection and Social Behavior
13. Aging and Other Life History Characters
14. Evolution and Human Health
15. Phylogenomics and the Molecular Basis of Adaptation
IV. THE HISTORY OF LIFE
16. Mechanisms of Speciation
17. The Origins of Life and Precambrian Evolution
18. The Cambrian Explosion and Beyond
19. Development and Evolution
20. Human Evolution
TestGen Test Bank (Download Only) for Evolutionary Analysis, 5th Edition
Herron & Freeman
Important: To use the test banks below, you must download the TestGen software from the TestGen website. If you need help getting started, read the tutorials on the TestGen site.
Pearson offers affordable and accessible purchase options to meet the needs of your students. Connect with us to learn more.
K12 Educators: Contact your Savvas Learning Company Account General Manager for purchase options. Instant Access ISBNs are for individuals purchasing with credit cards or PayPal.
Savvas Learning Company is a trademark of Savvas Learning Company LLC.
|Online purchase price||$39.96|
Not yet available.
Jon Herron (University of Washington) is a dedicated teacher, author, and software developer. He is committed to improving how evolution is taught to today’s students, and he enjoys staying on top of the rapidly-changing field of evolution.
We're sorry! We don't recognize your username or password. Please try again.
The work is protected by local and international copyright laws and is provided solely for the use of instructors in teaching their courses and assessing student learning.
You have successfully signed out and will be required to sign back in should you need to download more resources.